Friday, November 27, 2009

Desert Willow Treatment Center Event

This Thanksgiving I was blessed enough to be able to take a break from school and spend time with my family. While I was there visiting I thought I would make my time useful and take advantage of the holiday and give back a little of my time to the community. I have had one great year so far and cannot begin to name all of the things I am thankful for. Myself and my siblings volunteered some of our Thanksgiving morning to the Desert Willow Treatment Center, where children with behavioral problems live. My presence was a complete surprise to the kids and it was so heartwarming to see the smile on their faces as we walked in. I spoke with them and their families and told them a little bit about myself and although I will be competing against their own Miss Nevada International in the summer they appreciated a little bit of California love in their wonderful state. This Thanksgiving was great in many ways. I am thankful for all that I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment