Friday, October 16, 2009

My Trip to Bubbling Wells Elementary School

Last Friday I went to Bubbling Wells Elementary School in Palm Springs and had a fun filled morning with the kids. I met so many happy faces and handed out autographs, took many pictures and most importantly spoke with the children. I spoke with them about myself and about some things I like to do outside of pageantry and focused on why it is important to stay in school and become or enhance their bilingualism. I advocated on behalf of my Special Olympic platform and told the kids why it was important to volunteer some of their time with the Special Olympic program. It is never to early to begin giving back to the community. My visit to the school was incredible and will carry the memory of the children being in awe as I walked into the auditorium with me forever. This is why I love doing what I do.

Hugs,
Gretheel Olvera

No comments:

Post a Comment